Radiant Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radiant Legion guild forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dead Mobo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Naggasakii

Naggasakii

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:16 am

My computer will no longer POST. I am unsure as to the root of the problem but will be unable to play until I figure it out. Sorry about this guys.
Back to top Go down

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:52 pm

I have an ASUS mobo that will not post. Tell me what you figure out please.

Jexel
Back to top Go down

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Have you tried removing the little battery in there to reset the CMOS?

Unless your board is fried I've found POST issues are tied primarily to the power supply or hard drive.

If either of you can give me a list of what you've tried I might be able to make more suggestions. I've had more POST issues than I can count with the number of times I've rebuilt my system.
Back to top Go down

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:27 pm

All I get is the Asus logo from the motherboard and nothing more.

I have disconnected everything including the Processor and methodically put each peice back into place. As i put each new piece into place, i tried to get the MOBO to give me some beeps by powering it up. All the fans and components in the computer come to life when i power up. I just get nothing from the motherboard but the initial logo.

Jexel
Back to top Go down

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:01 pm

If the baord is posting to the video and you get the splash screen. Look at the hard drive or CD rom drive or power supply. Most likely one of those. If you disconnect the cables from the HDD and CD and same thing happens try a different power supply and make sure all the connector are in place. When did it start? Did you add or change any hardware? Have seen USB device cause non boot but rarely.
Back to top Go down
Naggasakii

Naggasakii

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:18 pm

My MOBO

Asus M3A32MVP WiFi Deluxe

My bios configuration must be set manually in order to run more than 4 gigs of ram. I found that my bios settings reset themselves to default somehow. After setting all the settings with only 1 gig of ram installed, powering down, re-installing ram, rebooting....I am now patching EQ2!

YAY!

But my OS is acting buggy now. Dunno. It's random on what it does and when it does it.

Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Oh yeah, the CMOS battery is brand new. I am pretty religious about my PC maintenance. I'm a nerd like that.
Back to top Go down

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:56 am

Have you checked the asus website for a bios flash update?
Back to top Go down
Naggasakii

Naggasakii

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Bios update? Whats that?

JK

Yes pop.

FYI, to anyone reading this. I have been building custom rigs for nearly 7 years now. No offense to anyone, bbut I was just announcing that I was MIA due to a problem that perplexed me and I did not know how long it would take me to troubleshoot the problem. Very few hardware problems stump me for long.
Back to top Go down

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:54 pm

I saw you were in over the week end did you get it fixed if so what was the problem

7 of 8
Back to top Go down
Naggasakii

Naggasakii

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:24 am

My bios flipped a wig on me. I have seen other peoples bios reset randomly but it never happened to me. It finally happened to me. I just loaded a saved "overclock" setting after pulling out all but one gig of ram. Reboot, then shut it down. installed the other 7 gigs of ram and POOF!
Back to top Go down

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Gotta hate those random bios resets haha. I've had that stuff happen although no big since I dont run with 8gigs. My comp just got real unstable cause my settings were off. took me like a week to figure out why i was having random crashes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead Mobo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Mobo   Dead Mobo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Mobo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Radiant Legion :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: